Monday, January 25, 2010

Unlocked Mind

God has definitely been clearing out my mind lately. I had NO idea what was clouding up my mind. He had me cut out tv shows first, which surprised me. I didn't realize that tv was taking up so much of my time until I stopped watching it. It was also the main thing that was blocking my mind from God, and therefore keeping me in the cycle I spoke of in my last blog.

The other thing clouding a portion of my mind was other people's beliefs about me. I had been taking these things to heart and believing them to be true. God had me loose that cloud from my mind, and assured me that I am ONLY who He has made me to be!

Doing these things made me see how my mind really is a beautiful place. I did not know before how important our mind is. After all, when we get to heaven, we still think. We'll still have a mind. It's connected to our spirit. My mind was beautiful before, but all that beauty was hidden beneath the worldly murkiness that I was letting hover over it.

God said that this will help me in every area of my life, especially my creativity. My mind has been unlocked.

Darest thou now O soul,
Walk out with me toward the unknown region,
Where neither ground is for the feet nor any path to follow?

No map there, nor guide,
Nor voice sounding, nor touch of human hand,
Nor face with blooming flesh, nor lips, nor eyes, are in that land.

I know it not O soul,
Nor dost thou, all is blank before us,
All waits undream'd of in that region, that inaccessible land.

Till when the ties loosen,
All but the ties eternal, Time and Space,
Nor darkness, gravitation, sense, nor any bounds bounding us.

Then we burst forth, we float,
In Time and Space O soul, prepared for them,
Equal, equipt at last, (O joy! O fruit of all!) them to fulfill O soul.

~ Darest Thou Now O Soul by Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment