Monday, January 10, 2011

The importance of Frost

Last week (I don't remember which day) Jesus told me something that sounded unusual to me. He said, "Jenny, there is a frost that comes after the wilderness. The season of frost is just as important as the season of being in the wilderness with me. It is a time to let me do things within you that you can't always see. Growth takes place and seeds are planted. It is very important to let the frost take place. The church must go through the frost as a whole as well as individually. Others don't always understand the season of frost because it looks like nothing is happening, but I am doing things inside. After the frost, spring comes."

When Jesus said this to me I was surprised. I had never heard of "frost" spoken in spiritual terms. However, I did remember Song of Solomon 2:10-13
"My Beloved answered and said to me, 'Arouse yourself, My love, My beautiful one, and come away. For behold the winter has passed, the rain has passed, it goes to itself. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come; and the voice of the turtle-dove is heard in our land. The fig tree spices her unripe figs, and the vines give a fragrance by the blossom. Arise, My love; come, My beautiful one, and come yourself.'"

I knew that this verse must be connected to what Jesus was telling me, "For behold the winter has passed, the rain has passed, it goes to itself. The flowers appear on the earth", but did not research the matter further.

A day or two later, Mom called to let me know that a blizzard was coming to Georgia! As she told me that it was supposed to snow on and off until Wednesday, I began to feel in my spirit that this freak of nature (it does NOT blizzard in Georgia and rarely snows twice a winter, but it had already snowed at Christmas) was prophetic and linked to what Jesus had shared with me a couple days before. I was moving into my internship housing at the time, so I did not think about it too much.

As Sunday evening approached (the night the blizzard was to come), I began feeling a great urgency to take the weather forecasts seriously and prepare. I joined the apparent frenzy and searched the near empty shelves as Walmart for edibles. I told my new friends that I was going to bring lots of food to the Sunday night service at IHOP, because I really did believe we could get snowed in before we had time to leave. No one seemed to believe that it was going to snow though, and those who did were not convinced that it was going to be a blizzard or last several days. Everyone was joking about Georgia weather forecasters freaking out about snow and exaggerating, ect. Because I felt Jesus pressing me to take it all very seriously, I left IHOP as soon as I was able and still managed to be driving in the blizzard. I only made it home by the grace of God, because I could barely see where the road was and slid into my neighborhood.

Once inside, showered and dry, I felt convicted that I had not yet researched the word God has shared with me and blogged about it. So when I awoke today, I searched through the Bible looking for the confirmation to what I heard. And...I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isaiah 55:6-13
"Seek Jehovah while He may be found; call on Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the vain man his thoughts; and let him return to Jehovah, and He will have mercy on him -- and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. 'For My thoughts are not your thoughts; nor are your ways My ways,' says Jehovah. 'For as the heavens are high from the earth, so My ways are high from the earth, so My ways are high from your ways, and My thoughts from your thoughts. For as the rain and the snow goes down from the heavens and does not return there, but waters the earth and makes it bring forth and bud, and give seed to the sower and bread to the eater -- so shall My word be which goes out of My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in what I sent it to do! For you shall go out with joy and be led out with peace. The mountains and the hills shall break out into song before you, and all the trees of the field shall clap the palm. Instead of the thorn-bush, the fir-tree shall come up; instead of the brier, the myrtle shall come up; and it shall be for a name to Jehovah, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.'"

"For as the rain and the snow goes down from the heavens and does not return there, but waters the earth and makes it bring forth and bud, and give seed to the sower and bread to the eater -- so shall My word be which goes out of My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in what I sent it to do!"

...God's words go into us during the season of frost and make things grow! It brings forth new life! It plants seeds within our spirits! We do not realize what is going on when we allow ourselves to just be still before Him until we are thawed out. When we allow this season to come and rest in it, the things He will do within us will "PROSPER"!

And then we shall "go out with joy and be led out with peace"!

Spring will come! "Instead of the thorn-bush, the fir-tree shall come up; instead of the brier, the myrtle shall come up; and it shall be for a name to Jehovah, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off."

We will be like fir-trees and myrtles! Both are very strong and sturdy trees who have long lives.

Because we allowed this season to take place in our lives, we will NOT BE CUT OFF! We will be an everlasting sign! He has brought so much fruit into our lives during this "frost".

And all we have to do is be still. Look outside at the snow (if it is a winter wonderland where you are at right now) and notice how everything wants to come to a standstill when it is like this. Let God purify you! Let Him make His ways our ways! His thoughts our thoughts!

(a couple other verses that I felt were relevant)

Psalm 51:6-7 "Behold,You desire truth in the inward parts; and in the hidden parts You teach me wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

Isaiah 30:15 "For so says the Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, 'In returning and rest you shall be saved; and in quietness and hope shall be your strength. But you were not willing.'"

I could go on and on here, but I already feel like I am about to ramble. I am just so excited to share this word! The fact that a blizzard took place just a few days after Jesus told me about the season of Frost is such a confirmation to my spirit, and this word has greatly encouraged me to just let the snow keep me inside and still before the Lord. Please consider this word and search your hearts for wisdom from the Lord.

I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I hadn't thought about this storm being prophetic...we've been busily working on organizing around here. Time to slow down and be with Him. Thanks for sharing, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete