Monday, March 21, 2011

Let me know You no matter the cost. Let me be afraid of saying no to You.

Open up, You wild one.
Let me know more than Your name.
Take out the judgments;
let me know You feel the same way.

How many times have You been to this place?
So much of Your smile makes me feel like a new way
was chiseled away; concrete walls into dust.
I know I must give it away, I say,
if I plan to keep this sunny day.

Didn't know where I was going till You got in my way.
Thank God for these mistakes.
All I could feel day after sleepless day
was a love that had been slapped away.

Give it away, I say,
if I plan to keep this sunny day, I know I must
give it away today, so that I can receive tomorrow
all the things that fill me when I'm empty.

Give it away.
Have faith in change.

No comments:

Post a Comment