Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

I'm leaving till Thursday night. One of my friends is getting married, and I have offered to help her clean out her house for a yard sale. Her 4 sons will be there, all of whom I haven't seen in almost a decade. It is going to be interesting, but fun.

I'm REALLY going to miss my family. That sounds a little dramatic since it is only for one night, but I love being here and talking to everyone. The great thing about my family is that we don't have to DO anything. We just hang out and be. I love to be.

Jon (my 17 year old brother) and I made fajitas for dinner earlier! We didn't use a recipe, and it turned out DELICIOUS! I am really enjoying this whole cooking thing.

Did I tell you all that God helped me schedule out my days last week? It was very nice. I was quite productive and stayed "in training". When I return from my friend's house I'm going to get back on it (but not before I watch the video Dad showed me again)!

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to help your friend! She will be forever thankful :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVVsDIv98TA

    More good advice. :)

    ReplyDelete