Monday, May 2, 2011

The remains of the day.

Dad, you don't really want my pie. I won't put sugar in it!

It is funny how I keep suddenly noticing changes in me. I don't notice them as they happen. One night 2 weeks ago I realized that I had lost 20 pounds since the beginning of the year. One day last week I realized that my adolescent introspective nature had fled with the wind, my tendency to be suspicious with it. I am suddenly completely happy with who I am. This is who I wanted to be when I was a little girl. This is me.

I was running through the woods today, well, more walking than running. When I run with Mom I walk for I have longer legs than she. Anyway, I was running through the woods and thought about when I tried to run several years ago. I blogged about how I felt all of this angst and frustration that had built up whenever I ran. It made running unpleasant, but I was able to realize what I needed to work on in my life. Today I noted how nothing was coming up. I have a list of things to do tomorrow. I have to remind myself to think of others every single day. I am still learning to be a good friend and attract good friends, something I was so good at when I was little. I am at peace with these things, and they were not bothering me today.

It was quite lovely to be able to focus on the breeze against my face and the beauty of the dwindling day.

Here is the song that was playing in my head.

1 comment:

  1. I have decided that Stevia is the anti-Sugar.

    Sooooo e-vil.

    ReplyDelete