Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Effortlessly

I wasn't going to blog tonight, because I need to sleep. I've been getting called in to work more hours this week than I had previously thought, and I gotta be there at 8 tomorrow. But here I am, because guess who had a coffee energy drink before her Statistics class?

I had never had an energy drink until this past month. Now I have had 2. That just proves how busy I have been, that I have had to have that help to stay alert. I did get behind in class though during the first week, and still haven't caught up. It's all good though. I still got an A in that class.

I am getting tired now. I just need to process my thoughts a bit.

I processed shipment (unwrap, sensor, hang or fold clothes) for 4 hours this morning. I was in the backroom of the store, all by my lonesome. Thinking about one of my friends who also has a heavy load in school right now, I started praying for him. After that, I decided to throw some prayers for me in there too, and also the store.

Funny thing about praying for the store. Last week, my first week, for the first two days I helped open the store by dusting, cleaning mirrors, ect. I would use this time to pray over my day there, and for the people who would enter the store. These were mainly pretty simple prayers, and I allowed myself to throw in the plea that people who wanted to buy clothes would come to our store (I got a quota to make after all). I wasn't sure if this did anything, but I would feel more calm afterwards.

On Friday I didn't work until 3. I came in and started working the floor, and was immediately aware of this weird, catty, competitive thing that kept creeping up on me. I also had a rough time interacting with some of the more difficult customers. Wondering what the heck was going on, I remembered that I had not prayed at all about my night there. I started asking God for help, and the weirdness faded off of me, and I returned to my normal self.


On another note, a friend of the family who had recently move away came to spend the night! She is here now, and I just want to say that she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. There is just something about her that makes me think, wow. She is effortlessly, entrancingly beautiful, and she doesn't even know it.

1 comment: