Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm doing great.

I worked 10 hours today. WOO-EE!

I also found $5 on the floor. Free money! I came home and bought Relient K's The Bird and The Bee Sides CD on Amazon Prime. Free CD! If you're a student, and you have an edu email address, you get free Amazon Prime, btw. This means you get free shipping, and all of your purchases in two days. It's pretty sweet. I'm expecting Kate Nash's Made of Bricks CD to arrive tomorrow, which I have already dubbed my new cleaning-my-room CD.

I drove home during a lightning storm, which was Awesome. There are lots of fields beside the highway, so I get a pretty great view.

As I was driving, God said, "You're doing great."

I was surprised. "I don't feel like I'm doing great. I don't even spend that much individual time with you, although, I don't really have the time to spend MORE time with you, but I probably could if I tried. I don't even read my Bible every night..."

God interrupted my train of thought, "Lean not on your own understanding."

"Oh...OH! My understanding of what "great" is, is not the same as yours. Okay. I AM doing great!"

It's good to be encouraged.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment