Monday, April 2, 2012

Back to the basics

I'm trying to get back to blogging just to blog, journaling just to journal, reading just to read, being outside just to be outside.

The internet really can take things out of perspective. BUT I STILL LOVE IT.

Last night I tried watching The Green Lantern, but it was done so poorly that my jaw was dropping. I stopped it and started The Tourist. The opening was a little bizarre, and it wasn't long before I fell asleep.

I woke up on the couch with my head jammed up against the armrest. I heard Micah (the baby who is still with us, the CUTEST baby in the world who is still with us, THE BEST BABY IN THE WORLD who is still with us, MY FAVORITE PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO IS STILL WITH US!). He was laughing, and that always makes me jump out of bed, or off the couch, to see him.

Mother Joan came over to help with Micah while Mom went to the eye doctor (Micah sucker punched Mom in the eye last week). She showed me an adorable fashion blog that she had spent the entire previous afternoon browsing. I found myself coming close to doing the same, but pulled myself away to do my Monday cleaning.

I folded laundry while finishing The Tourist. I still found it to be strange. It seemed like a chick flick that wanted to be a spy movie that wanted to be grand. There were definitely fun moments, and I couldn't take my eyes away from Angelina Jolie, but all in all it was lacking depth.

I finished my laundry folding with Secretariat. Now, this, THIS movie was beautiful. It left me wanting to be fearless, which seems a long away right now.

I did start reading Hind's Feet in High Places a couple days ago, and am hoping that this will call me away from fear. I know that fear is what holds me in a thick place a lot of the time. I want to move forward with boldness and passion. I want to find something that I want to take a hold of and not let go. That nothing could shake me from it would be a wonderful feeling, and would lead to a fulfilling life.

Googly, googly.


P.S. I did not eat waffles all day. I started the day with strawberry Greek yogurt, and have not felt like I was lagging. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment