Saturday, April 14, 2012

Breaking habits...still.

The past couple of days I have felt a discomfort in how I spend my time and where my thoughts go. There are many times when I let inner groaning take over my thoughts. These thoughts then take over my whole day, and then I can barely break through to the other side. I have changed my diet back to consuming the most minimum amounts of sugar as possible, as well as eliminating most unnecessary carbs and all caffeinated coffee. I'm taking my vitamins, eating healthy, and I am feeling the difference. But one thing is lacking...how I spend my time. What I do during my time alone is an investment in my time spent with others, and I spend much of it on negative thoughts about my life and myself.

I also want to change my habits back to what I did when I was younger. I spent much of my time focusing on the beauty of life. I loved bird watching, writing, reading, hiking, worshiping, and watching uplifting movies.

I still love these things, but I hardly make time to do any of them. I have to break the cycle. It is up to me to not make myself a victim of my own thoughts and ways!

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." Philippians 4:8

I feel like a broken record, always blogging about the same things, but these are my struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment