Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Savage

Spirit that form'd this scene,
The tumbled rock-piles grim and red,
These reckless heaven-ambitious peaks,
The gorges, turbulent-clear streams, this naked freshness,
These formless wild arrays, for reasons of their own,
I know thee, savage spirit - we have communed together.

~Whitman

It's easy to look at life and lose hope of the future. We focus on mistakes, think too much about the past, worry about the future. We let go of hope, and lose sight of God in the process. We lose sight of goals.

God told me tonight that I have been guilty of underachieving. It caught me off guard, as usual. It's true. I rarely TRY, or practice something ahead of time. I tend to wing it, and it tends to always work. But God knows that I am capable of even more! He said that it's time to raise my expectations of myself. Time to set goals, time to actually achieve.

He also said that it's time for a deeper intimacy with Him. I've felt over the last couple weeks, a rise in my passion for Him. I've finally COMPLETELY quit watching tv, and boy, did that make a difference! Anyway, He told me a couple months ago that I had stepped into the overflow of His Kingdom. And now He says that this deeper intimacy is going to help me, as I now start achieving new goals I'm about to set.
Everything I do will be an extension of my time spent with Him!

It's an exciting time in my life. Doors have opened for me left and right. I've made so many new friends through divine appointments, I don't even know how to juggle it all. Fortunately, God freed me a couple weeks ago from compartmentalizing my life, and now I really do feel like things are simply an extension of our time together. It's all about Jesus! He's calling me to step into my destiny this year, whatever that may be.

"Make the place of your tent larger, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings. Do not spare, lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes. For you shall break forth on the right hand and on the left. And your seed shall possess nations, and people will inhabit ruined cities. Do not fear, for you shall not be ashamed, nor shall you be disgraced, for you shall not be wounded. For you shall forget the shame of your youth, and you shall not remember the reproach of your widowhood any more. For your Maker is your husband; Jehovah of hosts is His name; and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of all the earth." Isaiah 54:2-5

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33

Keep Calling Your Future In!

No comments:

Post a Comment