Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Good Day

I had a case of insomnia last night. I am now out of sync and awake at almost 4 am. Not the end of the world! I'll just blog.

Due to last night's insomnia, I did not fall asleep till after 5 am. A freak thunderstorm woke me up at 9 am. I thought that the window over my bed was going to explode and shatter onto me, but I was too lazy to get up and go to the basement. I hate getting up.

So, I decided that this was an opportune time to trust God to keep me safe. I fell asleep.

At 1 pm I shot straight up in bed. I was supposed to be at work 30 minutes ago. The storm had caused the power to go off, and left my alarm clock jacked up. The store manager had left a message on my phone, thinking I had been kidnapped. I called back, apologized, threw on some clothes, made a peanut butter sandwich, and jumped in car.

During the drive, I was trying to figure out why all of this was happening. I did not feel like a victim, and did not feel like I was in trouble with my boss. I felt that there was some kind of purpose to me being late. It sounds silly. It definitely sounds like an excuse. I still felt it to be true.

I asked the Lord, and listened. He said, "You had to be late today in order to have a good day. If you had been on time, you would have had a bad one. You needed a good day today."

I arrived at work, and no one was mad at me. Throughout the day a lot of things happened that don't usually happen. Inconvenient and even bad things, but I remained unusually calm due to not being tired. I was happy even, knowing that God had handed me a good day.

------

God has been helping break me of a victim mentality that I have slowly developed over the past several months. I am not a victim, because I am on the right path. I am the daughter of the King. I am His, and I am in His heart. I am in His songs. I am in His life. He wishes me to be His shelter, even when I feel I am bad at it.

He knows me.

"For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace."
Romans 8:6

No comments:

Post a Comment