Sunday, June 20, 2010

No Justice

God told me to watch Shutter Island. It is a mystery/psychological thriller type movie. I've watched it now two days in a row, yesterday and today, and plan to watch it again tomorrow. I don't want to give anything away, so I'm going to reveal no details, but I am going to reveal my thought after I watched it the first time. I don't think it will spoil the movie for any of you.

The movie was over, and I was sitting frozen, shocked. I said, "God, there was no justice."

He responded, "Exactly."

I went from shock to grief, because I knew that God was saying that this is mostly the case. There is usually no true justice on this earth, and probably won't truly be until Jesus returns.

A hard truth, the way this bitter earth functions.

This bitter earth 
Well, what fruit it bears
What good is love
Mmm, that no one shares

And if my life is like the dust
That hides the glow of a rose
What good am I
Heaven only knows

Lord, this bitter earth
Yes, can be so cold
Today you're young
Too soon, you're old

But while a voice within me cries
I'm sure Someone may answer my call
And this bitter earth
Ooh, may not be so bitter after all



No comments:

Post a Comment