Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jump

I was dancing at IHOP yesterday. Wonderful Sauce. Spinning and praising, reaching and knowing He was reaching back, adoration and love mixed with a burning for more.

So I'm thoroughly enjoying God enjoying me. We're in the throne room, whirling like madmen when He says, "Jump."

I have not lept and bounded since I stopped going to dance classes. I was scared to since it had been so long. I didn't want to look like an idiot (*cough* fear of man *cough*).

But God said this to me and my legs suddenly surged with an energy could not be shaken off. But I was afraid and said to God, "I don't want to jump. I don't know what will happen if I do. Can't I just keep doing what I'm doing?" (I couldn't keep doing what I was doing by the way. My dancing came to a stop and I was just pacing back and forth fighting with God. I was no longer dancing WITH God anymore so the grace to flow was gone.)

God immediately responded, "Why are you even here, Jenny? Why are you even here if you aren't going to jump? I asked you to jump and if you aren't going to then why are you even here worshiping Me and claiming to love Me more than anything else? Jenny, why are you here?"

Wow. Such a good point. I almost started crying because of the hypocrisy of my actions, or lack of actions. God continued.

"I have only asked for you to be you. You jump, Jenny. You don't TRY to jump, you know I do not ask for you to TRY. Jump."

So I jumped. I smiled. And then I lept. I laughed. And then I bounded and jumped again.

I think I smiled the biggest smile I've ever felt on my face for 5-10 minutes straight. Time is iffy in the throne room.

God only wants to make me happy. Jumping made me VERY, EXTREMELY Happy.

Awesome Sauce. Thank You, Daddy.

"'Cause it makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder, it makes me that much wiser. So thanks for making me a fighter. Made me learn a little bit faster, made my skin a little bit thicker, makes me that much smarter. So thanks for making me a fighter."


and I am a lover. He knows what I mean. He has made a lover who is a warrior. Love love love and POW!

1 comment: