Saturday, April 21, 2012

I dream of nice things, expensive things.

I had a dream today that I fell in love and got married. Always a nice dream. In the dream, my husband showed me a clip that was like a movie of our future. I had bought something expensive and breakable, and I put it in our bedroom. We had friends visiting, and they had a kid. The kid was playing in our bedroom, and ended up breaking the expensive thing. I entered the room and saw the thing broken. I was angry, took the kid by the arm so he was very close to my face, and started telling him that he should have been more careful. The clip ended, and my husband said. "Wouldn't it be better if you had never bought that thing, or anything expensive that could be ruined? How much different would our lives be if we didn't buy anything expensive? We could just use what we already have, and only buy things that we don't mind being broken." This sounded good to me. I didn't want to yell at anyone. If not buying expensive, pretty things would help me yell at less people, I would do it happily. I woke up, and have been thinking about how small the reasons are that I get mad at people. What can I do to avoid these reasons even coming up? It isn't something I have thought of doing before this dream. Instead of stumbling into moments of anger, I could see what causes these episodes, and stop them from ever happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment