Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mom has been bored sitting in the living room with the baby all the time. She's been watching Little House on the Prairie, but she doesn't love that show like I do. I brought down my growing DVD collection to brighten her days a bit. Target's frequent $5 DVD markdowns is a big part of my life lately.

So I watched Men Who Stare at Goats with Mom today. It was probably the 4th time I've seen it. That movie gets me. Something different stands out to me every time. This time the thing that stood out was a line about our destiny pulling us along like a river. If you are pursuing something that isn't your destiny, you're swimming against the tide, and you aren't going to succeed. You know that you are going the right way when you start moving forward, and you aren't stuck anymore.

This part of the movie really struck a chord in me. I have been thinking a lot lately about how when I danced, it finally got a point where no matter how hard I tried and pushed, I could not improve enough to move to the next level. It was a very frustrating time for me, and when God finally told me that it was okay to stop, I had never felt such relief.

When I wanted to become a dietitian, I felt even more stuck. There has only been one other time that I have felt more despair than I felt during those last two months I was taking those classes.

Now things are looking up at work (I can't really talk about that right now, but you'll hear more next week), and I really am starting to believe that slowly working on my Bachelor's for Human Resources is what I'm supposed to do. And I know that if it isn't, then I will see the signs as clearly as I have before now.

No comments:

Post a Comment