Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"They were kids that I once knew."

I was reflecting on the last several years last night. I hate letting go of such a precious and joyous time. I'm asking God for peace, because it is so hard to see the friends I have made during that time lately. I know that we are changing, growing up, starting careers, getting married...we are doing what we were dreaming of doing. We have moved on from the dreaming to the doing, and it's a good thing. It is bittersweet to look back, though, and remember when I was dreaming right along with them. It is hard to be so far from all of them now.

I know that God led me here for a purpose, though. It would be "fighting against the current" to try to bring those days back. It is time to let go, and be happy to only remember those days, because I won't be moving forward otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment