Sunday, July 24, 2011

11:36 am

This morning I woke up and got out of bed to look at the time. Aware of how tired I was, I was surprised to see that it was 11:36 am. Being so tired, I must have crawled back into bed, because I was soon having a long, random dream about a competition between two Bed n Breakfasts.

I woke up again, and groaned inwardly. Since it had been 11:36 am before my long dream, it must be at least 1 in the afternoon now. I had so much homework, but I didn't want to get up and feel the defeat that was sure to come when I looked at the clock. I had gone to bed at 1 am, so it made no sense that I slept so long. Was my body fighting something?

My mind kept grappling through the process of waking up as I fought to stay conscious and come up with a reason for my sleep pattern at the same time. I finally got up, and walked over to the clock.

It was 11:36 am. I blinked. It changed to 11:37 am.

"I must be waking up exactly when I am supposed to be!" I declared. Triumphant in the fact that I had not slept too long, and that Jesus was encouraging me in the strange way He usually did, I went downstairs to eat breakfast.

I could have been having a dream or vision the first time I looked at the time. God could have stopped time so I could sleep more. I don't know what happened. Either way, I feel blessed and secure, knowing that every. single. little. thing. is important and noticed by God.

1 comment: