Friday, April 8, 2011

PIE.

Mom brought home 2 cartons of strawberries that were "fixin' to turn" from Nathan's (my older brother who was refusing to eat yummy food). GLORY HALLELUJAH! I was so excited.

First I made an apple pie with cheddar cheese crust. It tasted perty good. Apple pie has never been my favorite, but I was satisfied with the results.

Then I made a strawberry pie! The exclamation point is there for a reason. It is delicious. I even got creative and cut the top crust into stars with a cookie cutter and arranged it all festively. I have never made a strawberry pie before! All last summer God kept saying, "Strawberries, strawberries, strawberries. Make something with strawberries." I never did. But now I know why He said that! This pie was YUMMY! I think the super ripe strawberries were part of the reason. Either way, here is the website for the recipe.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/neelys/neelys-strawberry-pie-recipe/index.html

I made both pies with Stevia and was very pleased with the results! My dad commented on a little after taste that, if you catch it, will tell you that there is something different in the pie. But he also said that it didn't bother him, since it isn't a bad after taste. I didn't notice anything after the first couple bites of apple pie. Then I had some strawberry pie a couple hours later and didn't notice it at all.

There is so much more I want to say! I worshiped with Mom tonight (Friday night is our worship night. She turns on the keyboard and we hash it all out). We drifted away from the written lyrics and started singing prophetically. We continued singing whatever came up for a few hours. It was awesome. We went past that place of "okay, I feel the presence of God and have found some peace. Moving on...". We felt so free and goofy (I felt goofy anyway). I wonder what is past THAT place. "Strength to strength" (Psalm 84:7). Like I said, there is more I want to say, but I'm getting up early in the morning. Jon and I are heading to my great Aunt and Uncle's for breakfast. Some of my friends are going too...it's going to be goooood.

much love to you all! (thanks, Tiffany for the link to the Stevia website! That encouraged me all the more to test it out.)

1 comment: