Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Jenny Movie"

While I was working, Mom, Dad, and Jon watched Morning Glory. I asked Jon how it was, and he let out a groan that took over his entire body and paired it with an eye roll and toss of the head. "That is a chick flick!"

"I told you it was a chick flick! Dad said he wanted to watch it anyway because of Harrison Ford."

"Oh, well, yeah. Harrison Ford was great in it, ofcourse."

"So, what's the problem?"

"It's just...."

"So, I shouldn't see it? Did you send it back?"

"No, we didn't. You'll just have to watch it. It's a 'Jenny Movie'"

Dad later used the same term when I questioned him about the movie. And, well, I just watched it. I loved it, even though it was very French, which is strange since it isn't a French movie. But it had that chaotic, verging on clumsy, feel to it. It was wrapped up well at the end, with a heartwarming, corny grace that wasn't expected.

Plus, Patrick Wilson. Oh my gosh, he finally wasn't puckered with too much botox, and I could see his rugged and manly expression. What is wrong with Hollywood, taking away so much personality. Renee Zellweger looks like she is on drugs in her latest movies, not to mention her TV interviews.

But anyway, I won't rant further. I have 3 precious days of no work and school. Time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment