Thursday, May 10, 2012

Unplugging My Life

I just went and read my blog post about my dreams about my downtime. I had forgotten all about that dream! I have been watching a lot of television lately, when I know that there are others things that I need to be doing to prepare for this summer. I will be able to get through the summer more easily if I go ahead and start prioritizing now.


I read this interview of my favorite music artist, Jessy Ribordy, today.

When he shared that his inspiration for his art comes from his hikes, it inspired me to once again want to get out of all the media I have been ingesting. I feel like leaving Facebook was that first step, but I still find it hard to pull away from television. Do I stop completely? Do I just need to set strong limits in that area? I don't know, but I do know that it inhibits me. And if something inhibits you from doing what you need to be doing, is it an addiction?

In my search for a different music artist's new music video, I found an article about how creativity comes from boredom. That article then had a link for a similar article Was this a coincidence? I think not.


I have been working to regulate my sleep schedule for the past two days. I don't know how long it is going to take, but I figure that if I wake up at the same time everyday, eventually I will fall asleep at a decent hour as well. I hope "eventually" comes soon, because today my skin looked awfully gray. I gotta watch my health.


On another note, it was really nice to read so many long articles/posts today.  My posts usually get long, and I know that with all this ADD/ADHD talk lately I rarely see length on the web/newspapers, or magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment