Friday, May 11, 2012

Invitations Strengthen Friendships

I wanted to say that I have some of the sweetest friends in the world.

I won't share why, but I have been upset and stressed about something lately, and it keeps me begging God for help. I shared in my April post, Trying not to stiffen, how I find myself doing this often, but lately, because of private happenings, it feels almost constant.

I canceled a trip I was making to a friend's house this evening to spend the night. Leaving the house isn't something I can do right now. I called up Michaela to let her know that I was upset, and invite her to come visit this weekend if she wanted. It seemed like a weak invitation, since I can't see myself being super fun company right now. But she called me back and prodded me till I shared a bit of what was going on. She said that unless I wanted to be alone, she wanted to come stay a night to pray with me and visit. I was so relieved.

Man, I appreciate the friendship of the Body of Christ. I feel that I am still learning everyday to open up. The Wooden House dream has really helped me a lot. I have been welcoming people to come over more. I didn't realize it before the dream, but I wasn't good about inviting people over because I didn't think they would want to come over. Isn't it funny how our insecurities can trap us so blindly?

The truth is that I already live in that wooden house. Making friends can be easy right now if I am willing to open up my heart.

"Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

"Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." Matthew 18:18-20

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sticking close right now! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete