Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thirsty for knowledge!

“I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.” - John Burroughs

Time ticks away day after day. I’m constantly doing something, but it still feels like I only get a fraction of what needs to be done completed. There is so much more that I want to do! I was studying in Barnes and Noble tonight before work, and after I was finished I walked around and drooled over all the books. I want to read the life of Mother Theresa and John Muir. I want to learn the history of the world. I want to know the names of all the trees. I want to know the migration patterns of animals. I want to know the teachings of Charles Stanley. I want, I want, I need, I need.

I am reading through Walt Whitman's poems right now. From what I have read so far, I assume that he was high on drugs and a practicing bisexual most of his life. Still, he loved nature and had some beautiful thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment