Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"No, it's not for a friend. I'm a drag queen."

My day was amazing and crazy.

My Statistics teacher was the substitute for my Precalculus class. When I walked in to the classroom and saw him, I was so excited. I had not realized how much I missed him teaching me math until that moment.

My classmates seemed stunned by how awesome he was, as he dazzled us with his teaching skills and wit. Soon they were joking with him, all stress disappeared, and before we knew it there were only 5 minutes of class time left. The teacher stopped then, because he had finished up an example, and didn't want to start another one right before the end of class. One student said, "But...we still have 5 minutes!"
"Yeah!" The rest of the class said. No one wanted it to be over. I was shocked by their enthusiasm, but it was, indeed, over.

I went to Trader Joe's, which is always awesome. I get my free tiny cup of quality coffee, and mosey around until I find something different I want to eat. Today it was pancakes. I got organic cinnamon applesauce to put on it. It's gonna be gooood.

I ate at Chick-fil-A, but they started playing a classical version of the song "Killing Me Softly". No words, just the music. I ditched that joint in a hurry.

I went to work, and it turned into my craziest shift yet.
I helped a drag queen choose a dress.
A female customer definitely hit on me.
I picked out the perfect pair of jeans for a female rapper, and she got so excited that she started cussing a LOT more than I usually hear. Then my manager forgot to put the jeans in her shopping bag, and I ran all over the mall before tracking her down.
And to rap it up, I somehow ended up praying for and prophesying to my manager.

When I was done praying, she looked at me out of the corner of her eye and asked, "Are you psychic?"

My manager was also asking me about speaking in tongues and prophesying. I realized that I had never been in a situation in which I had to explain those things, since I was always around Spirit-filled Christians. I need to study up on how to answer such questions so I am understood. I spend more time with people who aren't Christians these days than I ever have...except for my dancing days, but this is way more intense.

Anywho, I need to try to go to bed. I still am not sleeping until the wee hours of the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Pancakes!!

    Good work getting the jeans to the customer. That's quality service.

    ReplyDelete